IT Environment Cleanup & Restructure
As a business owner, have you wondered if the investment you made into the IT environment (network, server, workstations, etc.) really gave you all the functionalities that are available? Do you suspect that you are missing out on useful features that could help your business because they were not turned on or properly implemented? Have you been trained on how to make full use of all the functionalities of your computing system?
One of the biggest values that we can bring to you as your IT consultants is to assess the state of your IT environment, identify things that can be improved, and then take steps to implement the missing functions and features. We then teach you and your staff how to use these functions. Here are some of the things we do to make your server system more functional:
- We take time to help you structure and organize the shared file folders on the server. We teach you how to properly manage files and folders. The end result – a set of logically structured shared folders that is easy to understand, easy to figure out where to find files and where to save files to. Behind the scenes, a permission structure that is easy to manage, gives access to staff that needs access, and prevents access to unauthorized people.
- Configure easy and free remote access into your workstations to allow staff the flexibility to work remotely from home or on the road.
- If you have the Microsoft Exchange mail server, we create very useful public folders such as a Company Calendar, Company Address Book, Organizational To Do List, and a Company Phone Log, and teach your staff on how they can work together much more seamlessly (and save time and effort) by making use of these powerful business tools.
- Protect your office network with a robust hardware firewall router, and if your business needed it, set you up with redundant Internet connections that will automatically fail-over when the primary connection fails.
- Configure redundant backups of your server files that allows for restoration of the entire server in a disaster. Also, you and your staff will be able to easily recover files and folders on your own, without help from us.
- Configure your workstations to save all files, including emails, shared folders and My Documents, on the server. This allows easy replacement of a PC if it fails or becomes old and slow, without the need to move or recover files.
Isn’t it nice to know that you are making full use of your IT investment? That is what we bring to the table – a fully functional system that adds to the productivity of you and your staff, and lets you focus on doing what you do best – your line of business.